Sunday, March 10, 2013

The James Cooper Cream Foundation

I have helluva frustrations for having an oily skin. Most make-ups don’t even last long without face primers because it “slides” off my face. I never had the courage to try one until last year when I saw my best friend use one. T’was one of the rare times we actually meet. I was fascinated on how her skin looks on and off camera. I must admit. She’s really pretty and that goes the same with her skin. But, once I’ve tried her James Cooper Jazzy Collection Cream Foundation, I wasn’t that amazed. After awhile, I glanced myself at the mirror and to my surprise; my skin looked extra vibrant, so glowing, healthier and flawless-looking. It was a surreal experience as if a magic cream was placed in it and made my face insta-glam!!
The James Cooper Jazzy Collection has been around the market for quite some time already and one of their “hot stuff” is their cream foundations. They have a very limited number of shades, having 6 shades available in their local counters. Although, most of the time, their products go out of stock easily.


The first time I used this product, I instantly fell in love on how it created that dewy-effect and the flawless-look upon my face. It has a medium to heavy coverage which really evens out the skin tone. It has a pinkish undertone which more or less creates a subtle vibrant flush that make your skin look healthy. I can attest to the fact that the creamy texture of the foundation is very buildable and a little amount goes a very long way. This cream foundation did not oxidize on my face. Since it is oil based, I reckon that it should never be used for oily skinned bellas like me, but, WOW! It didn’t make my face extra oily. It doesn’t have the fragrant smell, thus making it least likely to cause allergies In terms of packaging, it is very compact and quite sturdy. And might I add, a compact contains 20g of cream foundation and that’s a hefty amount for a cheap price.. Honestly, my first compact lasted around 8 months of everyday use before it hit the bottom of the pan.

Like any other beauty products, the verdict still boils down to the CONS. Although this can double as a concealer at times, it tends to be cakey and a little heavy on the face. It is very unhygienic and can harbour many bacteria thru the months. You need to use a spatula to scoop out a little amount. It has no SPF that can protect you under the sun. Back then, I thought it had caused me some breakouts and stopped using it for awhile. Then, when I go back at using it, no more breakouts; or maybe I used too much, (that I didn’t know).

Overall, the James Cooper Jazzy Collection Compact Cream Foundation is a quality foundation. It’s a department store brand foundation that performs. I suggest to this for photo shoots or any occasion that you feel like you need to have that flawless yet natural look.

Price: 550Php
Where to buy: SM department stores nationwide

No comments:

Post a Comment