Sunday, March 10, 2013

On a Budget: Wet n' Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Powder in Catwalk

Make-ups doesn't have to be so EXPENSIVE at all. Truth be told, there's no "what-to" or "what-nots" in terms of make-up brands. Make-up is more like an art, a little experiment here and there will do some tricks.

I admit, I am not a fan of illuminating powders. I think its ill-advised to use one. Living in a tropical country like the Philippines, most women are morenas blessed with a "naturally glowing" skin and adding more up will just make these natural look, FAKE. But, according a make-up artist i know, she learned from her experience that illuminating powders are quite advantageous in many aspects. She added that having those fake looks from illuminating powders are just figments of my imagination. So, when I saw a very affordable illuminating powder, I didn't think twice to buy it. Hence, my very own,
WET N' WILD MEGA GLO ILLUMINATING POWDER in Catwalk pink.
 
 My friend told me that I should have use it sparingly and just in the right places.
(the product swatched in my skin)
(the product swatched on my cheeks)

My Thoughts:
 This product is so cute, and the colors are really nice. It has a very sparkly shimmers that is powdery and easy to apply. The shimmers sticks to the skin for a very long time and that's why careful application is advised. Though this is sold as an illuminating powder, I sincerely find it as good to be a blush and eyeshadow at the same time. Weird huh? but the colors are very blendable and the 2 light stripes from this pan can make an excellent shadow base.  However, in terms of color pay-off, I can't see huge difference but a  shimmery and light pinkish tone.  I find the lightest shade best as highlighter. And, might I add that in order to manage the use of the product, it is best to use a flat top brush for these rather than fingers. Packaging is simple and made of plastic which makes it look cheap. Although I believe that, this is made for fair-skinned people, Its doesn't do harm for the dark toned fellas if applied correctly. I guess, this is an 'OK' product because its a bit shimmery for my taste. I advise that you put the product carefully as a little touch brings tons of shimmers. Cautious application is advised to achieve the glammed-up glowing skin you dare for.

Price: P399
Where to buy: Wet n' Wild counters on SM department stores
Perfect for: Fair-skinned and medium-skinned, i don't recommend for oily skin
Staying Power: the pink undertone lasted only 3 hours but I tell you, the shimmers lasted more than 6 hours

Ratings: 5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment