Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ben nye Luxury Banana Powder

Achieving that impeccably perfect complexion requires a lot of wander on which beauty product would perform or otherwise.With so many beauty product available in the market, it's hard to know which ones will make it on the flawless makeup essentials. Its always the battle between the makeup bases or the finishing/setting powders.

Preparing the skin for makeup is a crucial factor to consider to score that flawless skin. However, I also believe that finishing powders ensures that all those preps won't budge and keep your makeup locked up on your skin for hours. 

I've been hearing a lot of raves on how KIM KARDASHIAN achieves her flawlessly groomed face. She's been known to have those stunningly gorgeous appearances that flaunts her glowing skin. So, while I was having my nails done at a salon, I stumbled on an article interview with Kim K. that was revealing her makeup secrets. I instantly got hyped up and read through and...... BEN NYE BANANA LUXURY POWDER was discovered!


So, I asked an online seller if she could purchase me the product and she said YES. I was giddy as a child was for ice creams and candies. It was definitely a treat. 

Ben Nye for your information have luxury powders on 4 different shades.

photo credit: makeup411.com

Enough with all those introductions and blahs. Its now time to review my luxury powder. I've been using this powder for more than a month now and by this time, it's really safe for me to tell you guys all the ups and downs of the product. Initially, I was using the product for contouring and it was perfect. I tried using it as a setting powder for concealer alone and it was perfect. I also tried using it as a oil blotter for my oily skin and it was perfect. Haha. Ok, before I proceed with telling you how I used the product, Let me tell you first about the things I hate about this product. As all beauty stuff have their own pitfalls, I've come to realize that these powders should be used sparingly with either a puff or a powder brush as a little product will come a long way and if you apply a little more product, you'll come to see that it cakes on the creases so hard that one time, I had to redo my makeup. The product comes in a plastic jar with big openings that you tend to spill more products than you intend to. What I do is, I taped the holes in my container and leave 2-3 holes open so I can somehow control how much product to get. But these are such minor flaws of the product that I can bear with because there are better things this powder can do. 


What I love about these:
1. The shade is buildable. I was scared using this at first because I thought the product is too yellowish, I thought that I might look like a hepa patient if I use this. LOL.
2. It is cheap. I bought the 3oz product online for less than a thousand and I've been using it almost  everyday for 2 months and I haven't finish the 1/2 of it.
3. Oil Control. GREAT! I have oily skin and I would usually take a little powder breaks from time to time just to touch up. But when I started using these, I spend less time retouching the oily patches of my skin.
4. COMPLIMENTS. The best part of this. I got a lot of compliments using this product and HELL YEAH!!! Im gonna buy more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment